Saturday, June 20, 2009

If Your Boyfriend Says He's Got Beef, Well Good. KFC Is Out of Chicken

The Chicago Tribune reports that KFC offered a free meal to customers, which was promoted on The Oprah Winfrey Show. The trouble was that demand was so high that the company had to scale back it's offer, allowing some people who had printed out the coupon to come to the restaurant for an IOU.

Two individuals took the only logical course of action. They sued KFC for not forking over the fowl, claiming false advertising, among other charges.

Some crass racists might make a joke about getting between people of a certain race and their fried chicken. But let's be honest, who doesn't love fried chicken? This does not concern one race, but the entire human race.

That is why I applaud the efforts of these heroes who realize that, although KFC has changed it's name from Kentucky Fried Chicken, the "C" still stands for CHICKEN!

Colonel Sanders, I await an apology... and reparations for the slaves... and biscuits.

2 comments:

  1. Everybody loves a little KFC!

    A few years ago, I went to my local KFC and noticed there were a lot of people waiting around. When I finally got up to the counter to place my order, there was just one guy working! He had to take the orders and do all the cooking by himself. He said that the other guys who were supposed to work that day didn't show up. I felt sorry for the poor kid. An old man in line behind me then placed his order and said, "And I'm in a hurry." I nearly fell over with laughter. After that, the guy announced to everyone that the restaurant is closing due to lack of workers for the day.

    Good thing that I was in the mood for a Big Mac anyway.

    ReplyDelete