Sunday, March 29, 2009

Ready, Aim, Push the B button!

Cnet reports that a study published in Nature Neuroscience shows that playing action videogames like Call of Duty can actually improve vision! Playing these games resulted in improvements in contrast sensitivity in the vision of the test group by up to 58%.
.
I think too often the media reports the negative side effects of playing videogames. This report is a step in the right direction. How can we possibly expect videogames to teach kids how to commit murders if they can't see their targets? I'd like to see a book that can cause kids to become killers AND give them the precise vision they need to do it.
.
Now if only Guitar Hero were able to influence not only our fashion sense, but our actual guitar playing ability...

3 comments:

  1. I wish playing "Call of Duty" would improve my vision so much that I wouldn't have to wear glasses anymore! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish playing Zelda would make me a hero of time with an awesome arsenal of weapons. Damn videogames for giving me false hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^ LOL! Yeah, who knew we were just playing in a fantasy world? Hey, if possible, make a video soon. I miss you on the Tube, Mike.

    ReplyDelete