Thursday, September 29, 2011

Jumping Ponds: A Night in Some Shady Places

Re-posted from Jumping Ponds, 9/24/2009


Tuesday night was quite an experience for me. The evening started off at church. Yes, church.




Well it was a church anyway. That was before it became a brothel and eventually a bar. If you've never had drunk people on your left and a stained glass window on your right, I recommend you give it a try.




But I wasn't there for long. The line for drinks was crazy, so we decided to follow this guy who "knew a place". Turns out this "place" was closed. We wandered about for a while until we ended up at the seediest place I have ever been to in my life. We walked down some stairs into a dimly lit bar decorated in early 80s coke party feng shui.




There was a strip pole and even some beds where you could make out with someone in the privacy and comfort of a crowded room (which people did). The bathroom had a pee trough like Wrigley Field and the stalls had no locks. The festivities began with a pina colada and ended with a shot of absinthe.




I made it out alive... I think.

2 comments:

  1. You have beautifully maintained it,Its really helpful for me, hope u have a wonderful day & awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!
    spinre writer

    ReplyDelete