Friday, November 5, 2010

CA I Love You, But You're Bringing Me Down

Hey California.  I think we need to talk.

We've had some great times.  Remember when you gave us Tupac and West Coast rap?  And Disneyland?  So many good memories.

But I feel like we've grown apart these last few years.  To be honest, we made a lot of excuses for you.  Like when you elected Arnold Schwarzenegger governor.  We thought you were trying to be hipster-ironic.  And it was pretty funny.  The Terminator?  What's up with that?

Even when you voted on Prop 8.  I mean, you have San Fransisco, the gayest place in the universe.  We were confused, but maybe it was just self-depricating humor.  Like "Ha ha, I'm so gay I couldn't possibly be with just one other man".

But you've gone too far with voting no on Prop 19.  California, I thought we were cool.  You were willing to allow people to get medical marijuana.  But you're standing in the way of stoners?  Who make up one fourth of your population?  And yes, I did make that number up for the sake of this blog.

California, I'm sorry, but I think we have to break up.  I feel like we're drifting further and further apart.  Literally, the San Andreas fault is moving us further and further apart.

You can keep Hollywood.  We'll find a way to adjust.  I'm sure you'll bounce back, too.  I hear Mexico is nice this time of year.  I'm sure they'd be happy to take you back.

We're keeping the rap, though.

For updates, pics, videos, and other cool stuff go to Jumping Brooks on Facebook and click the "like" button.

No comments:

Post a Comment